Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro review
Xiaomi usually advertises Redmi phones by the bucket, so we’d totally understand if you’ve lost track of which is which. There are four Redmi Note 12 phones for global markets – two standard models and two Pro models. We’ve already reviewed the highest end of the quartet – the Pro+ with a 200MP camera and 120W charging, so today is the time to meet the classic Redmi Note 12 Pro.
Highlights of the mainstream Pro model include a Dolby Vision OLED, speedy performance, 50MP OIS main camera and 67W fast charging. This Redmi Note 12 Pro is expected to be the cheapest smartphone to offer the package Full Dolby – Vision and Atmos.
Indeed, the Redmi Note 12 Pro uses a 6.67-inch Dolby Vision OLED with 1B colors and a refresh rate of 120Hz. It relies on the Dimensity 1080 5G chipset, which should provide enough punch for smooth gaming. with a limited budget. And, as we mentioned, the phone also has Dolby Atmos stereo speakers.
There are three cameras on the back of the Redmi Note 12 Pro – a 50MP OIS primary, an 8MP ultrawide shooter and a 2MP macro camera. And that’s the first key difference from the Pro+ model, which instead has a 200MP main camera.
The second difference is charging speed – the standard Redmi Note 12 Pro supports 67W fast charging, which is more than enough, although slower compared to the Pro+’s jaw-dropping 120W.
The third and final difference is the design – our Note 12 Pro is a flat dual-glass device, while the Pro+ has a curved glass back.
One last thing – if you’re coming from the previous Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G, you’ll surely appreciate the improved display (1B colors vs. 16M), performance (Dimensity 1080 vs. Snapdragon 695) and main camera (OIS vs. no stabilization , capture 4K versus 1080p), too.
Now let’s take a closer look at the data sheet of the Redmi Note 12 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro specifications at a glance:
- Body: 163.0 x 76.0 x 8.0mm, 187g; glass front, glass back, plastic frame; IP53, dust and splash proof.
- Display: 6.67″ OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 900 nits (HBM), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6877V Dimension 1080 (6nm): Octa-core (2×2.6GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G68 MC4.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 2.2.
- Operating System/Software: Android 12, MIUI 13.
- Rear camera:Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.9, 24mm, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 1/4″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.0µm.
- Video capture:Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps; Front camera: 1080p@30/60fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 67W wired, PD3.0, 50% in 15 mins, 100% in 46 mins (advertised).
- Various : Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); Infrared port; 3.5mm jack; stereo speakers.
The most obvious omission from the Note 12 Pro is the microSD expansion slot. While the base Note 12 models still have it, the microSD has been removed from the Pro versions.
Apart from the storage expansion, there are no other surprises. So, without further ado, here is the Redmi Note 12 Pro unboxed.
Redmi Note 12 Pro unboxing
The Redmi Note 12 Pro comes in the usual paper box, which contains the phone itself, a 67W power adapter, and a USB-A-to-C cable.
As you’d expect, at least with a Xiaomi, you also get a transparent soft case and a thin protective film pre-applied to the Redmi’s display. The latter is a huge burr magnet, so we’d understand if you decide not to use it.
Leave a Reply