Why the side of your abdomen hurts while exercising
The reason for side stitches
There is no clear answer to this common health concern. Researchers are still trying to pinpoint the exact cause.
How to deal with side stitches
As the exact cause of the pain is not known, it is difficult to say what can help. However, there are small tricks that have proven to be beneficial in reducing pain. Trying these tricks will provide you with some relief from the pain and let you finish your workout easily.
- When running, take small breaks or slow down.
- Do not hold your breath while exercising.
- Inhale deeply and exhale slowly.
- When you feel the pain in the abdomen perform some stretching exercises like reaching one hand overhead and bending on the sides.
- Gently massage the area with your fingers.
- Stay hydrated while exercising and avoid fizzy drinks.
- While exercising make sure your posture is correct.
- Do not exercise immediately after having a heavy meal.
The post Why the side of your abdomen hurts while exercising appeared first on .