Watch the Argentina vs France World Cup final today from anywhere
After 63 matches, it all comes down to this. France and Argentina face off today in a battle for football’s biggest prize. The big question heading into this World Cup final is which superstar will come out on top more decisively in this clash of GOATs. Team-mates at PSG but rivals clashing on Sunday, Lionel Messi and Kylian Mbappe are both in the running for the coveted Golden Boot as the tournament’s top scorer, with the pair tied at five goals apiece.
The final marks the fourth FIFA World Cup match between these two powerhouse teams. Their last clash came in the Round of 16 at Russia 2018, when France took a 4-3 win. The two nations are both aiming to win a third World Cup, with France defending the crown they won in Moscow four years ago with a 4-2 win over Croatia. This match saw Mbappe score the all-important final goal. Will the 23-year-old phenom play another key role at the Lusail stadium today? Or will veteran Messi finally win the prize that has eluded him throughout his storied career? The world will find out today.
Start of the Argentina-France final today,Sunday, December 18 at 10 a.m. ET (7 a.m. PT).
This match will be broadcast nationwide in the United States on Peacock and Fox, which is available on many live TV streaming services. Outside the United States, the World Cup final is broadcast by other streaming services, including the BBC and ITV in the United Kingdom, SBS in Australia and TSN in Canada. But what if you’re traveling outside your home country and want to enjoy the game, or just want an extra layer of privacy for streaming? There is an option that does not require searching the internet for a sketchy website: you can use a vpnor virtual private network.
Here’s how you can watch the Argentina vs France 2022 World Cup Final from anywhere in the world with a VPN.
When will the Argentina vs France final take place?
Argentina take on France at 10 a.m. ET (7 a.m. PT) Sunday, December 19.
Elsewhere in the world, the match starts at 6 p.m. in Qatar, 3 p.m. in London, and on Monday, December 19 at 12 p.m. in Tokyo and 2 a.m. in Sydney.
How to watch the Argentina vs France match online from anywhere using a VPN
If you are unable to view the match locally, this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your game day speeds by encrypting your traffic. Plus, it’s a great idea when you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. So if your ISP or mobile carrier has blocked you with an IP address that says incorrectly your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can fix this problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, unobstructed zone. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in all countries where VPNs are legal, including the United States and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You need to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN offers is taking place at the moment.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% and get three months of free access – the equivalent of $6.67 a month – if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Stream the Argentina vs France match live in the USA
The Argentina-France game is on Fox in the US, so you’ll need a live tv streaming service who wears Fox. The cheapest service is Sling TV Blue.
Of the live TV streaming services that carry local Fox stations, the cheapest is Sling TV Blue at $40 per month.
An important caveat: Local Fox affiliates will only be available if your billing address is in one of the 18 metropolitan areas covered by Sling’s agreement. If you’re outside of one of these areas, you’re probably better off opting for one of the alternative services listed below.
Many others live tv streaming services also broadcast local Fox stations, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Sling TV, but they also offer more channels. Discover our guide to live tv streaming channels for more details.
For Spanish-speaking US residents, Peacock broadcasts all World Cup matches live in Spanish. The remaining games will stream on its $5-a-month Peacock Premium subscription plan, not the service’s free tier.
Read our Peacock review.
Watch the Argentina vs France game for free in the UK
UK fans can watch the 2022 World Cup final for free. The BBC and ITV will broadcast the Argentina-France clash. If you’re away from home in the UK, you can use a VPN like ExpressVPN to watch BBC iPlayer or ITVX (formerly ITV Hub) from anywhere.
Stream the Argentina vs France match of the 2022 World Cup in Australia
Aleksandra Aleshchenko/Getty Images
Australian fans can stream the 2022 World Cup final live for free using SBS On Demand, the streaming home of the country’s free-to-air television network. The service also offers full replays, mini-games and highlights.
In addition to the services and countries listed above, there are many other local matches hosting the 2022 World Cup Final. They include:
- Argentina: TVP
- Belgium: RTBF (French) and VRT (Dutch)
- Brazil: TV Globo
- Canada: TSN
- France: TF1 and beIN Sports
- Germany: ARD and ZDF
- Hong Kong: PCCW
- Japan: Dentsu
- New Zealand: Sky
- Spain: RTVE
Quick Tips to Stream the 2022 World Cup Final Using a VPN
- With four variables in play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN – experience and success can vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for a city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure that the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file in your account. Second, some smart TVs – like Roku – don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your registered email address for your Smart TV . This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices will appear in the correct place.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-focused browser to connect to your services. We normally recommend Brave.
Leave a Reply