vivo V27 review – GSMArena.com reviews
Announced a few months ago, vivo’s V27 family includes three models at different price points in the mid-range. We’ve already taken a look at the V27 Pro, the headliner of the series, and now it’s time to turn our attention to the V27.
In many ways the same phone as the Pro, the standard V27 replaces the top model’s Dimensity 8200 with a Dimensity 7200. Well, that’s it, really. The slightly less powerful chipset (a few smaller CPU cores and a few fewer GPU cores) results in a lower price, and the V27 costs around 15% less than the Pro for a matching memory configuration.
This means that with the V27 you still get a gorgeous large 6.78-inch OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. The 50MP autofocus selfie camera is also on board, as are the three rear cameras – 50MP primary, 8MP ultrawide and 2MP macro (if it still counts as a camera). The V27 may be able to squeeze extra endurance from the same 4,600mAh battery thanks to the less demanding chip, and charging speed shouldn’t suffer either.
It’s nice that the chipset is all the savings, and the V27 still comes with a color-changing rear panel in some of its colorways – vivo’s party trick introduced some time ago has remained a staple of range. The V27 is also incredibly thin, and the slightly curved screen is another hallmark of a premium handset.
Specifications vivo V27 at a glance:
- Body: 164.1 x 74.8 x 7.4mm, 180g; Glass front, glass back, plastic frame; Color changing back panel.
- Display: 6.78″ AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 388ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 7200 (4nm): Octa-core (2×2.8 GHz Cortex-A715 & 6x Cortex-A510); Mali-G610 MC4.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM.
- Operating System/Software: Android 13, Funtouch 13.
- Rear camera:Wide (main): 50MP, f/1.9, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120˚, 1/4″, 1.12µm; Macro: 2MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 50 MP, f/2.5, (wide), AF.
- Video capture:Rear camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4600mAh; 66W wired, 50% in 19 min (advertised).
- Various : Fingerprint reader (under screen, optical).
unboxing vivo V27
The vivo V27 comes in a full-size gray/silver box that contains a full set of accessories. Most important is the charger – it’s a 66W unit, unlike the 80W one we got with the V27 Pro. Either way, the specs of both phones point to a 66W charging capacity, so the V27 isn’t being denied anything it rightly deserves. A cable is also included, of course.
The V27 will also be protected right out of the box. The display has a factory-applied screen protector and a clear case is also part of the retail bundle.
Leave a Reply