VIDEO: Mother, 4 children die in fire caused by candlelight in Kwara state
Residents of Ifesowapo community, Tanke, Ilorin, Kwara State, were thrown into mourning after a mother and her four children were burnt to death in a candlelight fire which started in their house on Wednesday night.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the tragic incident happened when a candle lighting one of the rooms, following days of power outage.
According to reports, the husband and father of the deceased was out of the house to get some things when the fire started.
Unfortunately, only one out of the five children was rescued from the fire. The child has reportedly been taking to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH), Ilorin.
The chairman of the Ifesowapo community, Mr Awodun Yinka, said that members of the community the cries but were unable to rescue the children and their mother.
Watch the video below.
The post VIDEO: Mother, 4 children die in fire caused by candlelight in Kwara state appeared first on NEWS.