Even though the Rothschild’s family still holds the record of the most powerful and influential family on earth due to their history, modern times suggest that there wealth is no where near the list of the Top 10 Richest Families in The World 2016/2017.
We shall in this post take a look at the latest list of world’s richest and wealthiest families and their worth according to Forbes. We shall also list their countries and some of their investments and stakes they control.
List of Top 10 Richest Families in The World and Net Worth 2016/2017
1. The House of Saud (Saudi Arabia) – Net Worth: $1.4 Trillion
This house of Saud according to Forbes is the richest family in the world currently worth around $1.4 trillion. Although, the wealth is shared by more than 10,000 princes to keep up their rich status and political influence at the expense of the state. In recent times, people of Saudi Arabia have started attacking the royal family due to this as they complain of neglect while a select few enjoy the riches of the kingdom.
2. Walton Family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $152 Billion
The Walton family is the current second wealthiest family in the world. The history of their wealth dates back to the founders of the Walton’s dynasty- Bud and Sam Walton, founders of Walmart, the largest retail store in the world. According to Forbes, the Walton’s assets collectively is worth $151.2 billion.
3. Koch Family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $89 Billion
Its no news that the two brothers, Charles and David Koch are in the list of richest people in the world. They both own major stakes in Koch Industries, the second-largest privately held company in the United States, after Cargill Inc. The Koch family combined wealth worth $86.7 billion.
4. Mars Family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $60 billion
The Mars family in 1988 were the richest family in the United states. They now occupy the fourth position as one of the influential families in the world as they control and are owners of the largest confectionery company in the world, Mars, Inc, which records an annual turnover of around $27.5 billion.
5. Cargill and MacMillan Family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $43 Billion
Occupying the fifth position is the Cargill and MacMillan family, with a net worth of $43 billion. This family descended from William W. Cargill who founded the Cargill Inc in 1865. Today, they are the largest private company in the United States and even in the world with $120 billion in yearly revenue. They also have presence in about 63 countries.
6. Edward Johnson family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $39 Billion
The Edward Johnson family owns the Fidelity Fund outfit which manages assets worth $1.7 trillion. It was founded by Edward C. Johnson himself. The company CEO is Ned, the son of Edward while the company’s president is his daughter. They are the 6th richest family in the world.
7. Hearst family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $35 Billion
The Hearst family is one the popular families in the United States and the seventh richest family in the world. William Randolf Hearst was a publishing tycoon and the proprietor of San Francisco Examiner.
8. Cox Family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $32 Billion
This wealthy family owns one of the world’s largest conglomerates which includes Cox Communications (cable, broadband), Cox Media Group (newspapers, TV, radio stations), Manheim (car auctions) and AutoTrader Group (online car sales, Kelley Blue Book). This family is the current 8th richest family in the world.
9. Thai Royal Family (Thailand) – Net Worth: $30 Billion
The Thai royal family holds the record of the richest royal family in the world. Although, the English royal family is the most recognized, their wealth cannot be compared to that of Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand. This King owns 3,320 acres of land in central Bangkok and 13,200 acres of town and country. While he was alive, the late king is the richest monarch in the world at the moment.
10. Pritzker Family (U.S.) – Net Worth: $29 Billion
The Pritzker family owns the Hyatt hotels and Marmon Group. They are one of the wealthy families in the United States and in the 10th in the world richest families
Many might argue that the Rothschild family who history deems as one of the wealthiest and most influential families in the world should be on this Forbes list. The range of their wealth is sometimes confusing as they keep their wealth private which makes it difficult to ascertain their net worth.
Rumors that the Rothschild family are the financiers of the secret Illuminati and that they have stakes in virtually almost every country in the world have not yet been proven, just know that their riches and assets are distributed to their various descendants.
- Erigga – The Lost Boy Lyrics
- Top 10 Best Modelling Agencies in Nigeria
- Meaning of Indaboski Bahose (Emeke Odumeje)
- Asake – Sunmomi Lyrics
- DJ AfroNaija – Best Of Oxlade Mixtape
- [Music] Kolon – Tunbu (Prod. by Snazzy Ranking)
- Dj AfroNaija – Best Of Kontrolla Mixtape
- Abdulkadir Balarabe Musa Biography & Net Worth ( Fully Updated )
- Fela Anikulapo Biography of the King of Afrobeat
- TIP – Made In Europe
- Mercy Aigbe Biography & Net Worth
- Top 10 Best Haulage Companies in Lagos & Nigeria
- [Music] Ariki boy Ft. Teddy Ziggy x Rebel Ashes – Bangana
- DJ Khaled – GOD DID Lyrics
- Asake – Joha Lyrics
- Dj AfroNaija – Latest Vibes Mixtape Vol. 5
- Vybz Kartel Ft. Roxxie & Yowlevite – Temptation Lyrics
- Romelu Lukaku Biography & Net Worth
- Lil Baby – Detox Lyrics
- Lil Fresh – Ori Mi