These methods could help save more water amid rising temperature
As summer gradually showers in with strings of hot weather, Water and Sanitation department reiterated its call on citizens to make use of water sparingly.
The main storage dams of the Western Cape water supply system are currently at a combined 99%.
However, it is a known fact that the rise in temperature would make people use water more.
The department is calling on all to reduce the way at which they make use of water in order to save more for later.
In response to this call, Fakaza came up with various methods which you can use in order to save water.
You could save more when you use less. Follow the list below:
- How is the condition of the taps, toilets your house? Dripping on its own? A leaky toilet alone can waste 200 gallons of water per day. Endeavour to repair leaky faucets, toilets, shower heads and irrigation systems.
- Instead of keeping the tap on while shaving, brushing your teeth, soaping or hand-washing dishes, you could save more by turning it off.
- Use your high-efficiency washing machine to wash clothes on full load. Do the same for your dishwasher too.
- Do you know it is safe to water your lawn with rain water? yes it is. Water your lawn early in the morning or evening in order to avoid losing water to evaporation
- Choose to sweep outdoor areas clean instead of spraying them with a hose. If you really need to make use of a hose, use a nozzle because it helps to control the water flow by going off when you let go.
- If you’re not using your pool, cover it in order to prevent evaporation. If your fountains don’t reuse their own water on a continuous loop, uninstall it to save water.
The post These methods could help save more water amid rising temperature appeared first on .