Tennessee toddler dies strapped in car seat after mom overdoses
A dead toddler baby boy has been found strapped in his car seat inside his Tennessee home after he was starved to death by his mother who fatally overdosed on meth and fentanyl.
32 years old Tiffany Spears and her 15-month-old son, Nicholas Crowder, were found dead inside the home in Portland, north-east of Nashville, back in February. The results of their autopsies were only released on Monday the Sumner County Sheriff’s Office said.
The medical examiner, who ruled both deaths an accident, said Spears had been dead for several days after dying of a drug overdose.
It is not clear how long Nicholas had been dead before he was found. The boy’s cause of death was determined to be the result of starvation and dehydration.
Deputies said there were no clues to indicate foul play.
His three-year-old sister, who was found alive inside the home, appeared to have tried to care for the little boy prior to him dying the Tennessean reported.
The medical examiner noted that food, including dried egg and eggshells, were found in and around his car seat.
Authorities were first alerted after a probation officer went to the home on February 9 and found it locked.
The probation officer called 911 after she looked through the window and saw Spears lying on the floor and the little girl running around the home.
Officers found Spears’ body lying on the bathroom floor and drug paraphernalia inside the home.
Nicholas was found strapped in his car seat on the floor of a bedroom.
The little girl was taken to hospital for treatment the dailymail reported.
Autopsy results confirmed authorities suspicions that Spears had died of a drug overdose. Her toxicology report came back showing signs of meth and fentanyl in her system.
Back when the bodies were discovered, authorities said there had previously been other drug-related deaths at the rental home.
It wasn’t immediately clear if those deaths were related to previous tenants.
The post Tennessee toddler dies strapped in car seat after mom overdoses appeared first on NEWS.