Southampton vs Man City Livestream: How to watch Premier League football from anywhere
Southampton’s battle to beat the drop doesn’t get any easier, as they take on defending English Premier League champions Man City on Saturday at St. Mary’s.
Currently entrenched at the bottom of the table, Saints lost 1-0 in a crucial showdown with relegation rivals West Ham last weekend.
Their hopes of bouncing back in this game seem slim, as they come up against a Man City side that are back to their best, following their 4-1 dismantling of Liverpool last Saturday.
A win for City on the south coast would see Pep Guardiola’s side reduce Arsenal’s lead at the top of the Premier League to five points ahead of the Gunners’ big game against Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday.
Below we will describe the best live tv streaming services to use to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Southampton v Manchester City: When and where?
Southampton welcome Man City to St. Mary’s on saturday april 8. Kick-off is scheduled for 5.30pm BST local time in the UK (12:30 p.m. ET, 9:30 a.m. PT in the US and 3:30 a.m. AEST on Sunday, April 9 in Australia).
How to watch the Southampton v Man City game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you’re unable to view the game locally, you may need another way to watch the game – this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your game day speeds by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually switch locations on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in all countries where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK, and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service that you broadcast. You need to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN offers is taking place at the moment.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% and get three months of free access – the equivalent of $6.67 a month – if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Stream the Southampton v Man City game live in the US
This EPL luminaire is diffused on Peacock. You will need a Peacock Premium or Premium Plus account to watch the game live.
NBC’s Peacock streaming service offers access to plenty of Premier League football matches throughout the season. You will need to be registered with a Peacock Premium or Premium Plus account to stream games live. For a limited time, you can sign up for Peacock Premium at a 60% discount, reducing the monthly cost to $2 (or even less with an annual account).
Stream the Southampton v Man City match live in the UK
Premier League rights in the UK are split between Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime Video. This game is exclusive to Sky Sports – shown on its Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League and Ultra channels. If you already have Sky Sports in your TV package, you can stream the game via its Sky Go app, but cord-cutters will want to set up with a Now account and a Now Sports subscription to stream the game.
The Sky Now subsidiary (formerly Now TV) offers streaming access to Sky Sports channels with a Now Sports subscription. You can get a day of access for £12 or subscribe to a monthly plan from £21 per month now.
Stream the Southampton v Man City game live in Canada
If you want to stream this EPL clash live in Canada, you’ll need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights to this Premier League season.
FuboTV is the go-to destination for Canadians looking to watch the Premier League this season with exclusive broadcast rights for every game. It costs CA$25 per month, but you can save money by paying quarterly or annually.
Stream the Southampton v Man City game live in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this EPL game on the Optus Sport streaming service, which shows every Premier League game live in Australia this season.
With exclusive rights to stream every EPL game live this season, as well as German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga matches, the Optus Sport streaming service is a particularly big draw for Australian rules football fans.
If you’re an existing Optus Network customer, you can buy Optus Sport at a discount, with discounts bringing the price down to AU$7 per month. If you’re not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at AU$25.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League using a VPN
- With four variables in play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN – your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for a city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure that the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file in your account. Second, some smart TVs – like Roku – don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your registered email address for your Smart TV . This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices will appear in the correct place.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-focused browser to connect to your services. We normally recommend Brave.
Leave a Reply