President Buhari strongly condemns attack on Katsina secondary school
The bandits’ attack which occurred at the Government Science Secondary School, Kankara in Katsina state in the early hours of Saturday, December 12 has been strongly condemned by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Buhari also charged the army and police to go after the attackers to ensure that no student gets missing or harmed.
This was contained in a statement released by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.
According to the statement, the President urged the school authorities to carry out an audit of the population of the students following shootings in and around the school that sent hundreds of them fleeing and scrambling over perimeter walls.
He also urged parents who rushed to the school and removed their children and wards to notify the school and police authorities in order to have a full account of the school population.
“I strongly condemn the cowardly bandits’ attack on innocent children at the Science School, Kankara. Our prayers are with the families of the students, the school authorities and the injured,” said President Buhari while pledging to continue to support the police and military struggle against terrorists and bandits.
According to the statement, the President has been receiving a briefing from Governor Aminu Bello Masari, and the Army Chief of Staff, General Tukur Buratai, and the military. The statement adds that the bandits’ enclave at Zango/Paula forest in Kankara have been located and there has been exchange of fire in an ongoing operation.
The statement adds that the police said so far, there has not been reported any student casualty.
The statement pointed out that the President has directed the reinforcement of security of all schools in line with the safe schools’ policy of the administration.
The post President Buhari strongly condemns attack on Katsina secondary school appeared first on Within Nigeria.