Audiomack Promotion

Ondo Govt: We are planning to return 45 northern youths safely to Kano, Jigawa

0
(0)

Ondo Govt: We are planning to return 45 northern youths safely to Kano, Jigawa

Ondo Govt: We are planning to return 45 northern youths safely to Kano, Jigawa

Ondo state government has announced that it is planning to ensure the safe return of 45 northern youths who were arrested in Okitipupa LGA of the state are returned to their states safely.

WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the youths were arrested by the state chapter of the Western Nigeria Security Network, Amotekun, on Thursday.

It was also learnt that the youths who arrived at the LGA in a truck had stated that they were in the town to undergo military training in the barracks to be security guards.

Speaking on the matter, the Amotekun commander in the state, Adetunji Adeleye said upon interrogation, it was discovered that the youths, who hailed from Kano and Jigawa states, were brought to the town for employment by a non-profit organisation for purported security training.

“The mission that they claimed they came for, we found out that it was not too clear and upon profiling, we found out that majority of them do not know how they got to where they got to; all they were told was that they were going for training,” he had said.

“From detailed investigation, we were able to narrow it down to the sponsors and they also claimed to belong to an NGO. Right now, we look at them as a security risk to the state.”

Commenting on the incident on Sunday, Donald Ojogohe, Ondo commissioner for information and orientation, described the incident as “a precarious one”, saying the development would have degenerated into jungle justice if the security agents had not handled it professionally.

“The security situation we found ourselves in the last 72 hours was a very precarious one. If not that it was discretely and professionally handled and well managed by officials of government, particularly Amotekun Commander and SSA on security, the situation would have degenerated to the extent of lynching and jungle justice,” he said.

“What government is trying to do today is to ensure that the way they came to the state, they will leave the state safely, peacefully and unhurt, so that when they get to their various states, they will also testify to their state government and their people that the movement that brought them to Ondo state was an unclear one and the state government had to protect them and move them back to their state.”

The commissioner asked the public and government officials to make security agents their first point of contact whenever issues of security arise.

He said: “I have the instructions and the directive of Mr Governor to use this medium inform everybody, particularly, government officials, that any security situation we found ourselves, the first point of contact must be security agencies.”

The post Ondo Govt: We are planning to return 45 northern youths safely to Kano, Jigawa appeared first on NEWS.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.


About Author
Aminat Aigbe
Aminat Aigbe is the first lady of afronaija and a very good blogger ( Original Mrs AfroNaija )

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.