Nursing Mother Electrocuted While Trying To Iron Clothes | AfroNaija



 
Promote / Monetize Your Song With Us On WhatsApp: 09092093564
 
 
DOWNLOAD THIS MIX
News

Nursing mother electrocuted while trying to iron clothes

0
(0)

Nursing mother electrocuted while trying to iron clothes

Nursing mother electrocuted while trying to iron clothes

Tragedy has struck in Makurdi, Benue state capital, after a nursing mother was electrocuted while trying to iron her clothes.

The nursing mother, Mishack Obera, was electrocuted at her home in Ter Guma Street of North Bank, a suburb of the state capital.

The incident happened shortly after electricity supply was restored in her locality.

Makurdi in recent months has witnessed multiple cases of electrocution. No fewer that eight people have been electrocuted this year. The incident happened in homes and public facilities, Daily Trust reports. 

Mishack’s husband, Obera Emmanuel, a businessman who hails from Olamaboro Local Government area of Kogi State, confirmed the unfortunate development to journalists in Makurdi on Wednesday.

He disclosed that the incident happened on Sunday at their apartment, adding that efforts of neighbours to revive his wife proved abortive.

He noted that a baby’s cry in the room drew attention of the neighbours to the incident, who later informed him on the phone as he was on the other side of town.

“She was ironing the clothes when there was a power surge. Many people in my area said when the light was brought that evening, the current was very high and fluctuating. My neighbour who ate together with me earlier that day confirmed this and said he even experienced a shock that evening in his room.

“Imagine somebody (wife) who called me at 4:52pm only to be found dead in our room eight minutes later. In fact, she had arranged the bath tub to bathe our baby.

“I’m sure it was while she was arranging to bathe our baby that they restored the light and she tried to quickly use the opportunity to iron the clothes she was sewing and got killed in the process. Even the black soap she uses to bathe our baby was already opened and the bath water was already mixed,” the bereaved husband said.

The post Nursing mother electrocuted while trying to iron clothes appeared first on NEWS.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Aminat Aigbe

Aminat Aigbe is the first lady of afronaija and a very good blogger ( Original Mrs AfroNaija )

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.