Two BEDC Staff Electrocuted In Delta (Photo)
Tragedy struck in a certain area in Asaba, the Delta State capital as two staff of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) were electrocuted while on the job.
WITHIN NIGERIA gathered that the yet-to-be identified victims were working when power was suddenly restored, leading to their electrocution.
The Director-General, Young Nigerians Organisation, Victor Ojie, who confirmed the incident to PUNCH on December 22, accused the electricity company of not providing safety gadgets for its worker.
“Over time, this ugly trend has been happening in Delta State; employees of the BEDC have been dying on the job. I wonder why the company cannot provide safety gadgets for its workers,” he said.
“When the workers want to go to the field, they usually switch off power lines that link to the area of work. After finishing the work, they will radio the office to switch the power on. Some of them sabotage themselves by switching it on while work is still ongoing, but if they have a safety guard, they will not be electrocuted. The families of the victims are in pain now; so, we urge the BEDC to compensate the families.” he added.
The post Two BEDC Staff Electrocuted In Delta (Photo) appeared first on Within Nigeria.
Promote Your Music and Video With AfroNaija Today Please Whatsapp Dj AfroNaija On +2349092093564
What do you think about this song? We want to hear from you. Drop your comments