Police says suspects in Centurion shoot-out were ‘hijackers’
In a shoot-out between suspects and police that occurred on Thursday morning, the two suspects shot by the police have allegedly been implicated in several hijackings in Gauteng.
According to police spokesperson, Brig Mathapelo Peters, the two suspects who survived would be charged with attempted murder, possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition, and possession of a hijacked vehicle.
Nectare said the two policemen shot four suspects, two died on scene.
But two policemen were fatally shot and one had critical injuries after he was shot in the face.
Both patients were treated on scene and when stabilsed, they were airlifted to hospital.
The two injured suspects were also transported to the hospital.
Police spokesperson said “members of Gauteng specific crime trio team had been following and keeping close observation on the suspects when they spotted [them] in Centurion driving a black BMW 135i.”
“Police intercepted the suspects’ vehicle and the suspects allegedly started firing shots at the police who then returned fire. “
“Police seized two rifles and a pistol, as well as the suspects’ vehicle, which has since been confirmed as having been hijacked in Honeydew, Johannesburg, in July,” said Peters.
The post Police says suspects in Centurion shoot-out were ‘hijackers’ appeared first on .
Promote Your Music and Video With AfroNaija Today Please Whatsapp Dj AfroNaija On +2349092093564
What do you think about this song? We want to hear from you. Drop your comments