PHOTOS: Tragedy averted as fire guts electric pole in Osun
An electric poll in front of a fuel station has been gutted by fire on Wednesday, 14th October in Ilesa, an ancient town in Osun state.
This incident which would have been a fatal one due to the proximity of the electric poll to a fuel station was averted by immediate response of officials of federal fire service.
An eyewitness identified as Abdulazeez told WITHIN NIGERIA reporter that the incident happened barely 10 minutes after the light went off.
We were not aware but the manager of the station called the officials of Federal Fire Service, Ilesa after neighbors called our attention to it, Abdulazeez added.
Speaking on the development, an official of the Federal fire service, DSP Olatunbosun told WITHIN NIGERIA that the agency responded immediately after they recieved a phone call of the fire incident.
The cables attached to the pole got broken due to wind or heavy rainfall that occured yesterday. These wires touched each other and it led to a spark. Thank God for our quick response, it would have been disastrous because the pole is infront of a fuel station, DSP Olatunbosun said.
An onlooker expressed dissatisfaction over the location and sorry state of the wooden pole.
The post PHOTOS: Tragedy averted as fire guts electric pole in Osun appeared first on Within Nigeria.