Onnoghen is changing the narrative, he was charged and convicted – Presidency
An official of the Presidency has accused former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen (retd.) of changing the narrative behind his removal from office as the CJN.
The official who did not want his name mentioned because he has not been authorised to speak on the matter said there was no truth in Onnoghen’s claim.
The source, who spoke to The PUNCH said the former CJN was duly charged and convicted and he wondered if Onnoghen was indicting the same judicial system he presided over.
The Presidency official said, “Recall that Onnoghen was charged before the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
“Recall also that evidence was presented. He contested the evidence and he lost, then he was convicted.
“So, what is he saying? Is he faulting the same judicial system which he presided over?
“As far as I know, his claim of a rumoured meeting with Atiku in Dubai was not part of the issue before the CCT. So, why change the narrative at this time?”
WITHIN NIGERIA recall that Onnoghen had on Friday accused President Muhammadu Buhari of removing him as CJN before the 2019 general elections because of an Executive rumour that had been in a meeting with former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Onnoghen stated in Abuja during the public presentation of a book titled ‘Fundamental Rights (Enforcement Procedure) Rules, 2009, Practice, Procedure, Forms and Precedents,’ written by Chief Ogwu James Onoja (SAN).
The post Onnoghen is changing the narrative, he was charged and convicted – Presidency appeared first on NEWS.