Nicki Minaj turns 38: 6 amazing facts about the rapper
American-Trinidadian rapper, Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty, popularly known as Nicki Minaj celebrates another milestone as she turns 38-year-old today, 8th December, 2020.
Nicki is one of the most successful female rappers in the world. She is also considered as one of the most influential musicians in the globe.
Nicki has collaborated with the world’s greatest artists such as rappers Drake and Lil Wayne and singers Beyoncé and Chris Brown, among many others.
Many of her fans have taken to their TL to celebrate with her
Here are 5 interesting facts about Nicki Minaj:
- Nicki was born in the Saint James district of Port of Spain and raised in the Queens borough of New York City.
- She gained public recognition after releasing the mixtapes Playtime Is Over (2007), Sucka Free (2008), and Beam Me Up Scotty (2009).
- The star had her debut studio album titled Pink Friday in 2010 after Lil Wayne signed her to his Young Money Entertainment in 2009.View this post on Instagram
- Outside of rap music, Nicki’s film career has included voice roles in the animated films Ice Age: Continental Drift which premiered in 2012 and The Angry Birds Movie 2 in 2019.
- The gorgeous rapper has won numerous awards since she became a professional recording artist, including six American Music Awards, twelve BET Awards, four MTV Video Music Awards, four Billboard Music Awards, and two Billboard Women in Music Awards. Nicki has also been nominated for 10 Grammy Awards.
- In December 2018, Nicki began dating her childhood friend Kenneth “Zoo” Petty. They filed for a marriage licence in August 2019. The Your Love hitmaker announced that they had officially married on 21 October. In July 2020, she announced on Instagram that she was expecting her first bundle of joy. Nicki gave birth to a son on 30 September, 2020.
View this post on Instagram
The post Nicki Minaj turns 38: 6 amazing facts about the rapper appeared first on .