Former MEC granted R20,000 bail after accusation of raping daughters
An ANC official has been released on R20,000 bail, after he was apprehended last month in relation to charges of raping his twin daughters.
The man, whose name remain withheld, to protect the identity of his children, came before the Nelspruit magistrate’s court on Wednesday with his 26-year old stepson, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said.
“I can confirm that both of them have been granted bail of R20,000 each, with the matter now postponed to November 20 for the director of public prosecutions to make a decision and for further investigations,” said NPA spokesperson Monica Nyuswa.
Last month, the duo got apprehended. The man was faced with charges of rape and sexual assault, while the stepson faced accusation of rape.
ANC Limpopo secretary – Lindiwe Ntshalintshali said:
“[He] has been summarily suspended as a member of the ANC, until the case is concluded by the competent court, consistent with the resolutions of the most recent national executive committee meeting of the ANC and the 54th national conference, which resolved that all members charged for corruption and other serious crimes should step aside from all activities associated with the ANC.”
The post Former MEC granted R20,000 bail after accusation of raping daughters appeared first on .
Promote Your Music and Video With AfroNaija Today Please Whatsapp Dj AfroNaija On +2349092093564
What do you think about this song? We want to hear from you. Drop your comments