Florida failed ‘child snatcher’ drops bail as he fears for his life outside
The alleged child snatcher decided to drop his bail for safety reasons on Friday.
The 24-year-old man was seen in a viral video allegedly attempting to snatch a child at a restaurant in Florida, Gauteng.
Naseem Slamang appeared in the Roodepoort magistrate’s courts for his bail application.
Slamang’s attorney Eric Mahlalela stated that his client is no longer interested in being released on bail because he feared for his safety.
Mahlalela also told the court that his client “sustained serious injuries” before his arrest after he was attacked in the restaurant during the foiled incident.
This was noticeable because Slamang was limping as he approached the dock although, he covered his face with a shirt.
He added that Slamang was also involved in a fight at the holding cells overnight.
“He has instructed me that he is abandoning his bail application on the basis of his safety.”
“The accused person is seeking urgent medical attention. Prior to his arrest, there was mob justice and he sustained serious injuries,” said Mahlalela.
Slamang will remain in custody and be treated at the Krugersdorp correctional facility.
Slamang was arrested after a failed attempt to kidnap a four-year-old girl at a restaurant last week.
The video of the incident went viral on social media.
Watch video here.
The post Florida failed ‘child snatcher’ drops bail as he fears for his life outside appeared first on .
Promote Your Music and Video With AfroNaija Today Please Whatsapp Dj AfroNaija On +2349092093564
What do you think about this song? We want to hear from you. Drop your comments