#EndSARS: Oyo orders closure of schools
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, on Tuesday, ordered the closure of all schools in the state, till the end of the week.
The governor disclosed this in a statewide broadcast, he said the directive stemmed from the fact that thugs and hoodlums had taken advantage of #EndSARS protests to perpetrate uncivil acts and harass citizens who are going about their day-to-day activities.
Makinde said members of the state Joint Security Task Force, known as Operation Burst, had been deployed to various hotspots in Ibadan to arrest the situation and restore normalcy.
Meanwhile, the Oyo State government has effected the release of six persons arrested in connection with #EndSARS protests and the attack on the palace of the Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Jimoh Oyewumi, on October 10, 2020.
This came as the Chief Magistrate Court 2, Iyaganku, Ibadan, on Tuesday, granted an application by the state Attorney General seeking that suspects arrested in connection with the palace attack and protests be discharged and charge filed against them be withdrawn.
The post #EndSARS: Oyo orders closure of schools appeared first on Within Nigeria.
Promote Your Music and Video With AfroNaija Today Please Whatsapp Dj AfroNaija On +2349092093564
What do you think about this song? We want to hear from you. Drop your comments