Boko Haram attacks will soon be over – Attahiru
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru said that Nigerian soldiers will soon put an end to Boko Haram attacks in the country.
Attahiru stated this on Sunday during his morale boosting visit to the troops of Sector 2 Operation Lafiya Dole of the Nigerian Army in Damaturu.
He said he’s sure the troops will bring the entire insurgency to an end while assuring them that “all your challenges are noted and I will address all the problems.”
The Army boss told the troops that “We have come to Yobe State to meet you, to get to know you and you get to know us as well. We promised to end this issue of Boko Haram.
“I am bringing very special greetings from the President and Commander-in-Chief, he is fully briefed and aware of how and what you are doing.
“I will like to tell you that, I personally as the Chief of Army Staff I am here to take cognizance and note of the challenges you have and ensure that they are addressed to ensure you have the highest level of morale to be able to do your job and do it proudly as Nigerian soldiers.”
Attahiru added that he was impressed with their performance so far, saying, “I am very pleased, your Commanders have told me what you have done collectively as part of ‘Operation Tura Takai Bango,” how you have pushed the Boko Haram Insurgents. We are so proud of you and I believe in the second phase of that operation you will do more.”
The post Boko Haram attacks will soon be over – Attahiru appeared first on NEWS.