Best recipe to make homemade South African boerewors rolls
Boerewors is a popular traditional South African sausage that is made from beef, mixed with either pork or lamb and a mixture of spices.
This delicious meal is quite tasty and a favourite for the majority of the population in South Africa and are traditionally served in a coiled shape.
Making homemade boerewors might be daunting. However, with the right guide, creating the sizzling South African delicacy might turn out as simple as ABC.
The spiral rolls are the perfect cuisine for barbeques. Here is a guide on how to make boerewors rolls the South African way.
Through this post, you will all learn how to prepare Boerewors easily.
• 1KG Beef, Lean pork, and Lamb or mutton
• ½ KG Bacon
• 2 Tablespoons of table or sea salt
• 1 Tablespoon of coriander
• ½ Teaspoon of nutmeg powder
• ½ Cup of brown vinegar
• 1 Teaspoon of black pepper
• ¼ Teaspoon of ground cloves
• 200 g Sausage Casings
Steps in Preparing Boerewors
1. Cube all the meat together and mince them together.
2. While doing this, place the coriander in a deep-frying pan.
3. Stir until it browns, then break it up in the pan.
4. After doing this, place all the meat and dry spices into a bowl.
5. Add the vinegar to the bowl, then leave the mixture to marinade in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
6. Once this time has passed, soak the sausage casings in water.
7. Once done, fill them with your boerewors mixture using a sausage maker.
And that’s all! Once complete, you’re free to cook the boerewors as you see fit, then serve.
The post Best recipe to make homemade South African boerewors rolls appeared first on .