8 things to know about Soul Jah Love
Zimbabwean singer Soul Jah Love was announced dead yesterday.
The young man died before arrival at Mbuya Dorcas Hospital on Tuesday evening.
He was aged 31.
Many of his fans and other celebrities have taken to social media to pay tribute to him.
However, let’s take a look at some details about him:
- Soul Jah Love was an award-winning and popular Zimdancehall artist who rose to prominence in 2012 with hit tracks such as “Ndini Uya uya” and “Gum-kum”.
- Jah Love was born on 22 November 1989 as a twin having a brother named John.
- He attended Mhofu Primary School, Prospect Primary School and Lord Malvern High School where he expressed a keen interest in music.
- He was often compared to the Jamaican Vybz Kartel.
- He was known for making the “Chibabababa”, “Hauite Hauite”, “Conquering” and “Mafundan’a” signature chants which appear in all of his songs.
- He grew up in the capital city Harare, his mother passed away when he was a toddler, after which he went to live with his grandmother, who would later die when he was in Grade 5.
- His father passed away in 2005 at that time they were living in Waterfalls, later his step-mother had him evicted from the family house.
- He was married to Bounty Lisa, fellow Zimdancehall musician. The two are believed to have met in the music industry. The two did some collaborations together on a number of songs while they were husband and wife.
The post 8 things to know about Soul Jah Love appeared first on .
Promote Your Music and Video With AfroNaija Today Please Whatsapp Dj AfroNaija On +2349092093564
What do you think about this song? We want to hear from you. Drop your comments