Man City vs Liverpool Livestream: How to watch Premier League football from anywhere
After a long two-week international break, the English Premier League gets going again on Saturday, with this tasty clash between big guns Man City and Liverpool at the Etihad kicking off the weekend’s action first Saturday.
The hosts will be looking to close the gap on league leaders Arsenal, while the Reds will be desperate to maintain their hopes of finishing in the top four – with the added incentive of derailing City’s title challenge.
The break arguably came at a bad time for City, with the defending champions having won each of their last six games in all competitions. Striker Erling Haalandscored an incredible eight goals in City’s last two games against RB Leipzig and Burnley, but the Norwegian faces a late fitness test for Saturday’s clash.
Liverpool have a poor record at the Etihad, having won just one of their last 13 away meetings with City.
Boss Jürgen Klopp will nonetheless be heartened by his side’s 1-0 win in the second leg at Anfield in October, a game that was arguably the Reds’ best performance of the season so far.
Below we will describe the best live tv streaming services to use to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Manchester City v Liverpool: when and where?
Man City host Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium on saturday april 11. Kick-off is scheduled for 12.30pm BST local time in the UK (7:30 a.m. ET, 4:30 a.m. PT in the US and 10:30 p.m. AEDT in Australia).
How to watch the Man City vs Liverpool game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you’re unable to view the game locally, you may need another way to watch the game – this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your game day speeds by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually switch locations on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in all countries where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK, and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service that you broadcast. You need to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN offers is taking place at the moment.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% and get three months of free access – the equivalent of $6.67 a month – if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Stream the Man City v Liverpool game live in the US
Saturday’s Man City game against Liverpool is being streamed Peacock. You will need a Peacock Premium or Premium Plus account to watch the game live.
NBC’s streaming service Peacock offers access to many Premier League football matches throughout the season. You will need to be registered with a Peacock Premium or Premium Plus account to stream games live. For a limited time, you can sign up for Peacock Premium at a 60% discount, bringing the monthly cost down to $2 (or even less if you pay a year upfront).
Stream the Man City v Liverpool game live in the UK
Premier League rights in the UK are split between Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime Video. The Man City v Liverpool match is exclusive to BT Sports – shown on its BT Sports 1, BT Sports 1 HD and BT Sports Ultra channels. BT Sport can either be had directly through BT as part of one of its many TV packages, or added to Sky and Virgin packages if that’s your provider. You can also avoid any commitment and subscribe to a 30-day contract-free BT Sport monthly pass.
BT’s 30-day pass offers full access to all BT Sport channels for £30 contract-free (the price recently went up from £25). The pass lets you watch BT’s coverage of the EPL, Champions League and more via the BT Sport app on smart TVs, mobiles, tablets, games consoles and Chromecast, as well as via the BT Sport website.
Stream the Man City v Liverpool game live in Canada
If you want to stream the Etihad Stadium clash live in Canada, you need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights to this Premier League season.
FuboTV is the go-to destination for Canadians looking to watch the Premier League this season with exclusive broadcast rights for every game. It costs CA$25 per month, but you can save money by paying quarterly or annually.
Stream the Man City v Liverpool game live in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch the game on the Optus Sport streaming service, which shows every Premier League game live in Australia this season.
With exclusive rights to stream every EPL game live this season, as well as German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga matches, the Optus Sport streaming service is a particularly big draw for Australian rules football fans.
If you’re an existing Optus Network customer, you can buy Optus Sport at a discount, with discounts bringing the price down to AU$7 per month. If you’re not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at AU$25.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League using a VPN
- With four variables in play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN – your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for a city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure that the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file in your account. Second, some smart TVs – like Roku – don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your registered email address for your Smart TV . This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices will appear in the correct place.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-focused browser to connect to your services. We normally recommend Brave.
Leave a Reply