Man City vs Aston Villa Livestream: How to watch Premier League football from anywhere
With a scandal brewing in the background for Man City, manager Pep Guardiola will be keen to get back to business on the pitch as host of his Aston Villa side this weekend.
Sunday’s game at the Etihad follows the English Premier League’s decision to accuse Man City of breaching its financial rules.
The accusations added to the gloom around the club following last Sunday’s 1-0 loss to Tottenham, which saw City fail to capitalize on league leaders Arsenal’s slip-up against Everton the day before.
They now face an improving Villa side under new boss Unai Emery, who have worked their way up to mid-table safety and have been used to rising to the occasion against bigger teams in recent weeks. .
Below we will describe the best live tv streaming services to use to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Manchester City v Aston Villa: When and where?
Spurs host Manchester City at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London on Sunday February 12. Kick-off is scheduled for 4.30pm UK local time (11:30 a.m. ET, 8:30 a.m. PT in the US and 3:30 a.m. AEST on Monday, February 13 in Australia).
How to watch the Man City vs Aston Villa game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you’re unable to view the game locally, you may need another way to watch the game – this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your game day speeds by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. So if your ISP or mobile carrier has blocked you with an IP address that says incorrectly your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can fix this problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, unobstructed zone. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in all countries where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK, and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service that you broadcast. You need to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is circumventing properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN offers is taking place at the moment.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 a month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% and get three months of free access – the equivalent of $6.67 a month – if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Stream Man City v Aston Villa live in the US
Sunday’s big EPL game airs on USA Network, which you can access as part of your cable package or on NBC Sports website with a valid connection and can be streamed via FuboTV and Sling TV.
Sling TV’s blue plan includes USA Network, making it a great option for those looking to watch EPL action. It’s $35 a month and includes over 40 channels, including other sports channels like ESPN and FS1.
Stream Man City v Aston Villa live in the UK
Premier League rights in the UK are split between Sky Sports, BT Sport and Amazon Prime Video. This game is exclusive to Sky Sports – shown on its Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League and Ultra channels. If you already have Sky Sports in your TV package, you can stream the game via its Sky Go app, but cord-cutters will want to set up with a Now account and a Now Sports subscription to stream the game.
The Sky Now subsidiary (formerly Now TV) offers streaming access to Sky Sports channels with a Now Sports subscription. You can get day access for £12 or sign up for a monthly plan from £25 per month now.
Stream Man City v Aston Villa live in Canada
If you want to stream this game live in Canada, you need to subscribe to FuboTV Canada. The service has exclusive rights to this Premier League season.
FuboTV is the go-to destination for Canadians looking to watch the Premier League this season with exclusive broadcast rights for every game. It costs CA$25 per month, but you can save money by paying quarterly or annually.
Stream Man City v Aston Villa live in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this EPL game on the Optus Sport streaming service, which shows every Premier League game live in Australia this season.
With exclusive rights to stream every EPL game live this season, as well as German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga matches, the Optus Sport streaming service is a particularly big draw for Australian rules football fans.
If you’re already an Optus Network customer, you can buy Optus Sport for less, with discounts bringing the price down to AU$7 per month. If you’re not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at AU$25.
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League using a VPN
- With four variables in play – your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN – your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for a city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after turning on your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure that the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file in your account. Second, some smart TVs – like Roku – don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or whatever mobile hotspot you use (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click on a link sent to your registered email address for your Smart TV . This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices will appear in the correct place.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so make sure you’re using a privacy-focused browser to connect to your services. We normally recommend Brave.
Leave a Reply