Audiomack Promotion

Malema and Ndlozi’s assault case postponed to March 2021

0
(0)

Malema and Ndlozi’s assault case postponed to March 2021

Malema and Ndlozi’s assault case postponed to March 2021Court has postponed the assault case against Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema and party MP Mbuyiseni Ndlozi.

It was postponed to March next year pending further testimonies of witnesses.

The pair is accused of pushing Colonel Johannes Venter who refused to allow them into Winnie Madikizela-Mandela’s cemetery claiming that they were not accredited to enter.

When the duo appeared in court on Thursday, Malema’s lawyer, told the Randburg Magistrates Court that Colonel Johannes Venter did not look for the permit on the EFF leader’s car before stopping them.

The two accused pleaded not guilty to the charge, but are yet to give their own version of events.

Malema’s lawyer, Advocate Laurence Hodes made use of a video evidence to prove to the court that the paper on Malema’s vehicle was in fact accreditation.

He asked Venter why he did not look at it.

“Your worship I see that there is a white paper there by the window. It can be a permit and it can not be a permit,” Venter said.

Hodes responded saying: “You didn’t bother to look. Let’s be honest for once, you didn’t bother to look.”

Venter still insisted that he saw no accreditation on the vehicle.

He also said Malema’s vehicle was not part of the official convoy.

The post Malema and Ndlozi’s assault case postponed to March 2021 appeared first on .

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.


About Author
South Africa News
Get breaking South Africa news, south africa news today, latest south african news today, what is happening in south africa, latest news south africa, headlines today breaking news, daily news south africa, current situation in south africa

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.