Malema and Ndlozi back in court over assault case
The assault case against EFF leader Julius Malema and the party’s former spokesperson Mbuyiseni Ndlozi is expected to be heard in the Randburg magistrate’s court on Monday.
The case which ought to be heard in June was postponed because of the pandemic.
The duo were accused of assaulting a policeman in 2018
This act was allegedly carried out at the funeral of struggle stalwart Winnie Madikizela-Mandela.
When the act was about to be covered up, AfriForum raised it and pushed for their prosecution.
“Malema and Ndlozi allegedly assaulted a senior police officer in uniform in April 2018 during an incident which was recorded on closed-circuit camera.
“The senior police officer had opened a case at the SAPS, but it never received attention until AfriForum’s private prosecution unit started inquiring about the investigation in January 2019,” the group said.
However, in 2019, Malema and Ndlozi denied assaulting the police officer.
Whwn addressing the crowd outside the court last year, Malema said “I’ve never done that. If I laid a hand on him, I would have panel-beaten him. I don’t play when I lay a hand. I didn’t do that. Mbuyiseni didn’t do that.”
“All we were fighting for was to enter the cemetery and go to bury our mother”.
The post Malema and Ndlozi back in court over assault case appeared first on .