Low carb vs no-carb diet: Which is better for weight loss
Cutting back on carbs or eliminating them from our diet completely is the first thing we do when we plan to lose weight.
Carbs are considered the biggest culprit for that extra weight gain. Though not all carbs are bad for your health, refined carbs must definitely be avoided if one is trying to lose weight.
If you are someone trying to lose weight, here is a comparison between a no-carb and low carb diet, which will help you make a better decision.
Carbohydrates and weight loss
We all know too many carbs are not good for us. So, should we go no carb or low carb when trying to lose weight, let’s find out.
Low carb diets for weight loss
A low carbs diet suggests you have limited carbs and more protein. One must not consume more than 20 per cent of their daily calorie intake from carbs. The Remaining 40 per cent should be protein and the other 40 per cent should be fat while on a low carb diet.
This type of diet makes your body go into ketosis and offers a temporary and quick weight loss.
No carb diet for weight loss
As the name suggests, this type of diet restricts you from having any type of carbs. In this type of diet, you get all your calories from protein and fat. This leads to super quick weight loss. But this weight loss is not sustainable and you regain weight soon after you stop following the diet.
Which is a better choice?
Be it a low-carb or no-carb diet, both give quick results, but cannot be followed in the long run.
As per the American Diabetic Association, both low-carb and high protein diets are bad for health as they can shed water weight and muscles.
Some tips for healthy weight loss
– Do some kind of physical activity for 30 minutes every day.
– Women should consume 1200-1500 calories per day
– Losing more than 2 kilos of weight per week is unhealthy
– People who lose weight slowly are more likely to maintain it later
– Not more than 30 per cent of your daily calories should come from fat
– Include at least five servings of fruits and vegetables in your diet every day
– Do not weigh yourself more than once a week
– Eat a balanced meal and do not eliminate any food group completely
The post Low carb vs no-carb diet: Which is better for weight loss appeared first on .