Learn how to prepare your oat cookies with this easy recipe
Oat cookies are South African’s favourite snack. Some people know them as oats biscuits.
Your family will love them if you make the right recipe. If you have basic skills in making these biscuits, you can skip some ingredients and add your ideas.
Oat cookies ingredients slightly differ depending on the recipe. Choose an oats cookies recipe whose ingredients you can afford and are easy to get from your local store or online.
Use rolled oats because they are thicker and healthier than quick oats. They also lend the biscuits a chewy, nutty texture and flavour.
There are several recipes for preparing oat cookies. These are the easiest oat biscuits recipes for you to choose from:
Traditional oat cookies South Africa recipes
You can start an oat cookies business in your neighbourhood during the COVID-19 lockdown season once you master the art of preparing them. Please do not try to make cookies that look exactly like the images on the internet.
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 230 g Oatmeal (the big flakes)
- 375 g butter
- 2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tbsp milk
- 340 g sifted cake flour
- a pinch of salt
- 200g powdered coconut
- 275g sugar
- Let the oven preheat to 180 degrees Celsius and grease and line the base of a roasting tray before you prepare the ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate soda into the milk.
- Mix the melted butter, carbonated milk, and the golden syrup to the butter.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and add them to the mixture that you have made in step 4.
- Put the mixture into the baking tray and bake for almost 30 minutes. Check if it has turned golden brown to determine whether it is ready or not.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool before you cut it into pieces of your preferred shape and sizes.
- Serve the cookies with milk, fresh juice, or any other drink of your choice.
An oats cookie recipe without flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dried craisin
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- Place the oatmeal, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon in a mixer. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Stir in the other ingredients until they blend into the mixture. Line the cookie sheet pan with parchment and spoon the mixture onto it.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Celsius before you bake the cookies. Allow them to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Can you use quick oats for cookies?
Yes. Quick oats cook quickly, retain less of their texture, and often cook up mushy. These oats pre-cooked, dried, and then rolled. They are pressed slightly, and they are thinner than rolled oats.
Why are oatmeal cookies dry?
They get too dry and crumbly if they are baked for too long or excess dough is used. Use your measuring kitchen utensils and follow the recipe carefully so that you do not use less or more dough or bake them for too long. Store them in airtight containers to protect them from drying.
The post Learn how to prepare your oat cookies with this easy recipe appeared first on .