Improve your target buying experience with these 4 simple tips
This story is part 12 days of advicehelping you get the most out of your tech, your home and your health this holiday season.
You heard the joke: if you go to Target for one thing, you’ll end up buying a bunch of other stuff too. Many people love shopping at Target because of its affordability, convenience, and everyday products. So it’s easy to end up spending more than you planned, especially at the start of the year with the desire to get in shape or try a new hobby.
The good news is, if you’re an avid Target shopper, you can keep shopping and saving with our tip that’s guaranteed to save you money in your wallet. All you have to do is shop on a specific day to get discounts and savings. Still curious? Well, we’ll walk you through everything: two well-known money-saving tricks and a secret tip to help you save in-store.
As you read, check out our shopping tips on how to give Unaddressed Amazon Gifts, get like-new electronics at Best Buy and save money on usage Amazon Subscription and Savings Service.
Join the Target Rewards Program
If you want to save money on your purchases, join Target’s rewards program for free. The great thing is that you can use these benefits not only online but also in store. Here are the advantages of being a member of the Circle:
- 1% gain when you shop to redeem or continue save 5% with RedCard
- To access to offers on brands
- 5% off single purchase for your birthday (valid for 30 days from your birthday)
- Community support votes for direct where Target gives
- Target Circle partnerships with brands like Apple and Ulta Beauty.
Access to Target’s rewards program is important, especially when you’re shopping at the retailer anyway.
Read more: The hottest holiday toys of 2022
Get a Price Match Guarantee
What some shoppers don’t realize is that Target also offers a price match guarantee. You can request a price match from Target whenever you find that the item you purchased is cheaper. For the item to be eligible, it must be:
- During the 14 day window from when you purchased the item
- An identical itembrand, size, weight, color, quantity and model number
- In stock at one lower price at time of return to a list of Target Match competitors
- Lower on Target.com or at your local Target store
How to request a price match
Once you’ve determined if you can get a price match, it’s just a few steps to do so in-store or online. If you’re doing it in store, here’s what you need to do:
- Ask for a price match at check
- To bring proof of the price you wish to match — the entire print ad, digital ad, or retailer’s main website (photos or photocopies are not acceptable)
- bring it Original receipt if you have already purchased the item
Online is a little easier, but your options here are to call or chat with a representative. You can do this by:
- Chat with Target representatives online or call 800-591-3869
- Have the current price you wish to match — digital ad, authorized retailer website or store target price (photos or photocopies are not acceptable)
- have your order number and item information ready from the start
Checking Target’s ads and catalogs can save you money on hundreds of items every week
Our top money-saving tip for in-store shopping at Target
Now that you know what you can do to earn rewards and get a prize match if you need it, you can now check out our cheat that will give you access to discounted products across the retailer.
The first thing you need to know is that this only works for in-store purchases (sorry online shoppers). Then it comes down to when you should shop in-store. Depending on the day of the week (excluding Saturday and Sunday), you will find a selection of clearance products.
When shopping at your local Target, here’s the cheat sheet for what products are on sale:
- Mondays: Electronics, children’s clothing and stationery
- Tuesdays: Maids, women’s clothing, pet products and food
- Wednesdays: Men’s clothing, toys, health and beauty, lawn and garden items
- Thursdays: Homeware, lingerie, shoes, sporting goods, movies, music, books, decor and luggage
- Fridays:Auto, beauty, hardware and jewelry
To confirm our advice, we contacted Target on October 17and received no response.
For more money-saving tips, check out how to save money on shipping and using Amazon’s Hidden Coupons to cut prices on must-have items too.
More than 12 days of advice: Share your Steam library with friends because you probably won’t play all of these games anyway
Are you traveling soon? Use These 8 Google Travel Tips
Pay less for gas: Simple ways to save money at the pump
Leave a Reply