How to watch the Spider-Man movies in order and where to stream
Spider-Man: No Way Home still holds the crown as one of the highest-grossing Marvel movies of all time.
The film explores the multiverse, which means it features characters from previous Spider-Man films, including Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin and Jamie Foxx as Electro.
Therefore, if you want to fully understand what happens in the film, you really must have watched the previous Spider-Man films. Here we explain which movies you need to watch, what order to watch them in, and all the places you can currently stream them in the UK and US.
You can find out when Spider-Man: No Way Home is releasing on streaming and DVD/Blu-ray services and check out our post-credits scene guide to the new movie. We also have a similar guide to watching the Batman movies.
How to watch the Spider-Man movies in order
Spider-Man: No Way Home explores stories across three different cinematic universes. It starts with the Tobey Maguire trilogy directed by Sam Raimi, is followed by the Andrew Garfield series directed by Marc Webb and then moves on to the Tom Holland trilogy directed by Jon Watts.
No matter in which order you watch each of these series, but it’s important to watch Spider-Man: No Way Home last. Otherwise, many of the characters and storylines referenced will be meaningless.
We’ve included the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in this list. It’s not essential viewing for No Way Home, but it explores the concept of the multiverse – and it’s a brilliant movie, too.
Here’s the list of Spider-Man movies, the year they were released (or released), and the order to watch them.
Tobey Maguire Trilogy (Raimiverse)
- Spiderman (2002)
- Spiderman 2 (2004)
- Spiderman 3 (2007)
Andrew Garfield Series (Webbverse)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
Tom Holland Trilogy (MCU)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
- Spider-Man: No Coming Home (2021)
In the Spider-Verse Movies (Animation)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part One (theatrically released June 2, 2023)
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part Two (theatrical release March 29, 2024)
Where to stream and watch the Spider-Man movies
Now that you know the order, here’s where you can currently watch the Spider-Man movies and all movies in the additional viewing section below.
Streaming services change their libraries regularly and sometimes movies can rip unexpectedly. But the information below was correct at the time of writing.
If you can’t find a particular movie, you can visit JustWatch and search for the movie you’re looking for to see where it’s available to stream.
If you don’t mind renting or buying, digital versions of these movies are available on Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, and YouTube.
You can also buy the DVDs and Blu-rays from Amazon or HMV.
- Spider-Man – Netflix and Hulu
- Spider-Man 2 – Netflix and Hulu
- Spider-Man 3 – Netflix and Hulu
- The Amazing Spider-Man – Direct TV, Sling, TNT, TBS, tru TV and Spectrum on Demand
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – Starz, Fubo TV, FX Now, Direct TV and Spectrum on Demand
- Spider-Man: Homecoming – Starz, FX Now, Direct TV and Spectrum on Demand
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – Starz, Fubo TV, FX Now and Spectrum on Demand
- Spider-Man: No Way Home – Starz, Direct TV
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – Fubo TV, FX Now, Direct TV and Spectrum on Demand
- Captain America: Civil War – Disney+
- Avengers: Infinity War – Disney+, Direct TV, TNT, TBS, tru TV and Spectrum on Demand
- Avengers Endgame – Disney+, Direct TV, TNT, TBS, tru TV and Spectrum on Demand
- Venom – Starz
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage – Starz
Of course, you can rent or buy all of this digitally from Vudu, Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, and YouTube, or buy the DVD and Blu-ray editions from Amazon or Walmart.
Additional display for Spider-Man
While these aren’t standalone Spidey films, they provide additional context about Peter Parker and expand on the universe his character comes from.
First, there are the MCU movies that feature Tom Holland as Peter Parker. His character is first introduced to the MCU in Captain America: Civil War, and he also appears in two Avengers films. Here’s what those movies are and where they fit into his overall story:
- Captain America: Civil War (2016) – Watch before Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) – Watch before Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) – Watch Before Spider-Man: Far From Home
Then there’s Sony’s universe, which includes characters from the Spider-Man comics. However, it is a separate universe from that of Marvel. Again, they’re not essential, but they’re inspired by the original comics.
- Venom (2018)
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
- Morbius (theatrical release April 1, 2022)
Related articles to learn more
Leave a Reply