How to be in a relationship with a co-worker
The workplace is a perfectly wonderful place to meet a person and start a romantic relationship; so if you ever find yourself crushing on a colleague, here is a guide on things to do and those you should never
This is because the difference between getting a great relationship and getting mightily embarrassed rests heavily on how you act on those feelings and rightly managing your emotions.
Ask yourself these questions:
If you’re getting drawn to a colleague, you seriously should sit yourself down and analyse the situation with the following questions:
1. Do you really want a relationship or a fling? If it’s a fling you want, it’s better to rein in the attraction and let it die down. You don’t want the stress and awkwardness that comes with sex with a coworker who’d later catch feelings, refuse to let go and make things a mess for you.
If you are not interested in something long term, it’s advisable to just let the attraction to that colleague die.
2. Speaking of commitment, If this person says yes and things go smoothly, you could end up spending every single day at work and at home with them – are you the sort of person that would thrive on this or not?
What to do:
If your attraction is genuine and you get the relationship started, here are things you and your boo should be doing:
1. Stay professional, no matter how fiery or swooning the emotions are. If you must date a coworker, you must find a way to stay professional at your job at all times.
2. Even if the company does not frown on employees dating each other, you still need to let the management know.
3. When workplace dating goes well, it goes really well. So if your favourite person in the world happens to be a colleague, don’t forget to enjoy it while you’re at it.
4. Also plan an exit strategy. One of you may be required to leave the job for another place. Discuss the exit plan with each other.
What not to do:
1. Do not kiss and tell other colleagues. You don’t want your gist to be the subject of lunch-break conversations.
2. Do not conduct your relationship on company time.
3. Keep all private, romantic correspondence off the company’s communication channels.
4. Don’t flirt outrageously at work, it can be embarrassing and uncomfortable for other people.
5. Sex at the office is a no no.
Oh well, if you must, just make sure you do not get caught. By humans, or security cameras
The post How to be in a relationship with a co-worker appeared first on .