Here is all you should know about Avocado tea
Avocado is a superfood which has grown quite popular across the globe from the past few years.
With a plethora of health benefits to its name, every part of this fruit including the leaves is beneficial for human health. Scientifically known as Persea americana, this superfood is said to have originated in South Central Mexico.
It is used as the main ingredient in various smoothies, baby foods, sauces and dips. This green- coloured fruit has taken the world by storm with its amazing health benefits and buttery, creamy flavour and is now being added to almost every dish.
But do you know that apart from the fleshy part of an avocado, its seed which we usually tend to discard, and the leaves are also beneficial?
Yes, you read it right! The seed and the leaves of an avocado can be used to prepare a healthy and soothing cup of tea.
The seed or pit of the avocado is often used in preparing smoothies and sauces. Now, it is also being used for making healing tea. It has a sort of bitter taste which can be easily balanced with natural sweeteners or by combining it with some other food.
The leaves of the avocado tree are also packed with nutrients and can be consumed in the form of tea. It is useful in easing the symptoms of many diseases.
So, scroll down to know about the health benefits of these teas and follow the given steps to prepare them at home.
Health benefits of Avocado seed tea
A hot cup of this tea after a meal can help in boosting your digestion as the pit is high in soluble fiber. It can also help in curing stomach aches and reduce inflammation. This tea is helpful in maintaining blood pressure and in reducing cholesterol levels. It has fewer calories which also keeps your waistline in check. It can help in boosting your immunity and protects the body from harmful free radicals. The avocado seed is an antioxidant which can help prevent type 2 diabetes and also make your skin glow.
How to make tea with an avocado seed
1. To prepare this healthy tea, slice an avocado and remove its seed.
2. Add this seed to a container filled with water and bring it to a boil until it becomes soft.
3. Then, remove and slice the seed into pieces. Grind the seeds in a food processor.
4. Add this seed powder to a vessel with hot water and simmer it for a few minutes.
5. Turn off the flame and pour the tea in a cup. Add a few drops of honey or any other natural sweetener to make it more palatable.
Health benefits of Avocado leaf tea
This tea helps in treating headaches as it improves the flow of oxygen in the brain. It also helps in reducing stress and provides a soothing effect. A combination of avocado leaves tea with honey can help in improving digestion and keep problems like constipation at bay. This herbal tea can aid in easing asthma symptoms and lowering the blood glucose levels. Other benefits of this tea include treating muscle soreness, reducing inflammation, curing kidney stones etc.
How to make tea with Avocado leaves
1. To prepare this herbal tea, first, wash the avocado leaves properly.
2. Take a vessel with 1- 2 cups of water and add these leaves to it. Bring them to a boil.
3. Simmer it for around 10 minutes.
4. Add any sweetener to make the tea more palatable.
5. Turn off the flame and strain the tea into a cup and drink warm
The post Here is all you should know about Avocado tea appeared first on .