Gunmen kill two, kidnap over 100 in fresh Niger attack
Gunmen have killed two persons and kidnapped over 100 others in Tungan Bako and Kawo communities in the Rafi Local Government Area of Niger State.
According to SaharaReporters, a source said the gunmen, who rode on over 30 motorcycles with two heavily armed men on each motorcycle, attacked the communities at 11:00pm on Thursday.
The attacks reportedly forced all the villagers to desert the community.
“They started the shooting at 11:00pm and they were there till morning because many of us had to run into the bush for safety,” he said.
The sum of N70m was demanded by the gunmen as ransom 24 hours after the kidnap to release the victim, the source revealed.
“They phoned us to bring N70m as ransom before the people can be released. That is all I can say for now,” the source said.
It was gathered that Joint Security TaskForce had been deployed in the communities and are currently on the trail of the gunmen to rescue the kidnapped victims.
The State Police Public Relations Officer, Wasiu Abiodun, is yet to comment on the incident as of the time of filling this report.
The post Gunmen kill two, kidnap over 100 in fresh Niger attack appeared first on NEWS.