Gbenga Oyebode Biography and Net Worth – Oluwagbemiga “Gbenga” Oyebode MFR (born 30 March 1959) is one of the founding partners and Chairman, Management Board of Aluko & Oyebode. A lawyer by profession, he specialises in advising major corporations on matters relating to Oil and Gas, Power, Foreign Direct Investment, Privatisation, Telecommunications, Project Finance and Aviation.
Gbenga had his secondary school education at Christ’s School, Ado Ekiti. He proceeded to study law at the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree in 1979, and he was admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1980. He went on to obtain Master of Laws (LL.M) degree at the University of Pennsylvania in 1982. He was previously employed by White and Case in New York City as an associate between 1982 and 1983 after which he worked at Gulf Oil (now Chevron) in Houston, United States.
Gbenga co-founded Aluko & Oyebode with Bankole Olumide Aluko, SAN in 1993 after leaving Ajumogobia, Okeke, Oyebode and Aluko [Barristers, Solicitors and Notaries] in 1992.
Gbenga currently lives with his son, Moyo.
Boards, Memberships and Awards
Gbenga is currently the Chairman of CFAO Yamaha Motor Nigeria Ltd. and Okomu Oil Palm Plc. He also serves on the Board of MTN Nigeria Communications Limited and Nestle Nigeria PLC. He is on the Africa Advisory Committee of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the International Bar Association. He was from 2012 to 2014, Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association’s Section on Business Law (NBA-SBL). On 30 July 2015, he retired as a Director and Chairman of Access Bank Plc after 13 years of taking leadership roles at the Bank.
In 2001, Gbenga was conferred with the Nigerian National Honour, Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR) by the Nigerian Government and he also holds the Belgian Royal Honour of “Knight of the Order of Leopold”. On 27 June 2015, he was distinguished with an award for Lifetime Contribution to Law by Law Digest Africa Awards.
Gbenga Oyebode Net Worth – $120 million
Gbenga Oyebode went to the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) where he graduated with a law degree. He has current net worth of $120 million. Oyebode was a leader of the Nigerian Bar Association(NBA) on Business law. All of these makes him one of the most extravagant legal practitioners in Nigeria.
- Jahonze – More Life Man Liveth
- John Fire – Tribute
- John Fire Ft. J Rize – Big Boys Swagg
- John Fire – Bad Gang
- Johin Fire – Story Untold
- Jahbwoy Ft. John Fire – Branama
- Free Instrumental : BabeOnTheBeat – NoBody ( Wizkid Kind Of Beat )
- Spotlex Ft. Kuljay – Happy [Official Video] || @Elviscute
- Gospel : Hope Ogom – Never Lose
- Dj AfroNaija – Next 2 Blow Mixtape Vol. 2
- Kingorongoro Ft. Baraka De Prince – Ex Gilfriend ( Official Video )
- Official Video : BeeBee Ft. Jeno Base – Back Door
- Twinzy D Glowzy – Bone Dem ( Official Video )
- Dj Afronaija – Ojegbo Mixtape
- Dj AfroNaija – Best Of Joe Blaque
- Ramsy Young – Competent
- Album : Two Tigers – Mama Prayers
- Mc Jerry Angel Ft. Don Vs X UyiCiti – Ogbaisi (Official Audio )
- Two Tigers – My Good
- Two Tigers Ft. Mrs Oj – Blessing