Gauteng hospital CEO put under ‘precautionary transfer’
The Gauteng health department said on Friday that the CEO of Bheki Mlangeni District Hospital in Soweto, Gauteng, has been put on “precautionary transfer” after he was implicated in a case of misconduct.
Department spokesperson Kwara Kekana mentioned that the issues tied to the case must be carefully verified and a determination would be carried out accordingly.
Kekana said Ruth Mabyana had been transferred from the hospital and Makabedi Makhetha would act in the position.
Following the case of a patient that was allegedly raped at the facility, the hospital has since been under the spotlight.
Acting health MEC Jacob Mamabolo mentioned that the department would make use of an independent investigator to help bring about the finalisation of the matter, after an internal preliminary report.
The matter had since been handed to the police.
“There is a need to urgently resolve the broader challenges at Bheki Mlangeni hospital and restore the confidence of the community in the facility’s capacity to continue providing much needed health-care services.”
The post Gauteng hospital CEO put under ‘precautionary transfer’ appeared first on .