Fire guts school of Nursing in Kano
At least 18 rooms and eight toilets have been burnt down after fire gut the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Kano, says the state’s Fire Service.
The Public Relations Officer of the Service, Alhaji Saidu Muhammed, confirmed the incident in an interview with newsmen on Thursday in Kano.
Muhammed said that the service received a distress call from one Ibrahim Bashir about the fire outbreak at the students’ hostel in the school on Wednesday night.
According to him, fire which broke out at about 6:37 p.m. razed the upper floor of the building destroying 18 rooms and eight toilets.
Muhammed said that a team of firefighters were sent to the location to put off the fire.
He further revealed that there were no casualties in the incident, adding that the cause of the fire is been investigated.
He, however, urged residents to keep fire buckets, blankets and extinguishers at home to curb fire incident, NAN reports.
The post Fire guts school of Nursing in Kano appeared first on Within Nigeria.