Davido Biography & Net Worth ( Fully Updated )
David Adedeji Adeleke is an American-born Nigerian singer-songwriter, and a recording producer. He is popularly known as Davido, Baddest, and ‘Omo Baba Olowo’ (OBO) after his debut studio album.
He began his music career at the Oakwood University, and thereafter rose to stardom after releasing his second single ‘Dami duro’. In 2017, Davido received the MOBO Awards as the Best African Acts and became the first African to perform live at the awards. The following year, he became the first African-based Artist to receive the BET Awards on its main stage.
Davido is regarded as one of the charitable celebrities in Nigeria. He is known to always organising competitions and giveaways on social media. Davido is also in the habit of supporting people who have challenges with their school fees. For example, he gave Jide Sanyaolu 1million for his school fees, and one Deborah, another million naira recently.
Davido founded his music label DMW, in 2016. He founded it shortly after signing up with Sony Music. Several top musicians signed under the label imprint. Some of them include: Teli, Peruzi, Mayorkun, Dremo and others.
David Adeleke was born on Nov. 21, 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, US, to Adedeji Adeleke and Vero Adeleke as the last child of five. His father, Adedeji Adeleke is a Nigerian Business magnate and his mother Vero, a University Lecturer. She passed on March 3, 2003. Davido attended British International School, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, and moved to Oakwood University, Huntsville, Alabama, to study Business Administration.
Davido Early Career
While in Oakwood University, due to his musical interest, he got some musical equipment so he could make beats and record vocal references. At a point, he dropped out because of his grades and thereafter relocated to Nigeria.
In 2011, he relocated to promote his career in music but encountered hurdles convincing his father. In his family, the children are expected to join the family business after school, but Davido chose a different path entirely. After mutual agreement with his father, he enrolled into Babcock University, Ogun state and finally graduated in 2015.
Davido Net Worth
According to afronaija as at november, 2020, the Afrobeat singer’s net worth is $30 Million Dollars.
Davido Awards and Recognitions
- Best Newcomer Award, Kora awards, 2012
- Best International Act: Africa, BET Awards, 2014
- Promising Youth Artist, Dynamix All Youth, 2011
- Best Male West African, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Artists of the Year, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Best Male Artiste of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014
- African Artiste of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2014
- Musician of the Year (Male), City People Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2018
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2014
- Hip Hop World Revelation, The Headies, 2013
- Next Rated, The Headies, 2012
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
Leave a Reply