Currently at $98 Billion, Global Mobile Gaming Market Pegged to Reach $272 Billion By 2030
The mobile gaming market is estimated to reach $272 Billion by 2030. Mobile gaming is already bigger than console and PC gaming combined. It has seen a record of a CAGR of 11% over the 10 years.
Rupantar Guha, GlobalData associate project manager for thematic research, says, “Mobile gaming expertise is a must-have for all game companies. Traditional console and PC game publishers such as Activision Blizzard and EA are increasingly focused on popular mobile gaming and its lucrative revenue opportunities. They compete with companies such as Tencent, Sea, and Perfect World, which primarily focus on Mobile Gaming. Social media companies and online advertisers are also moving into mobile game publishing.”
The official report of GlobalData, Thematic Research: Mobile Gaming summarizes mobile gaming themes.
- Key trends affecting the growth over the next 12 to 24 months. The three categories are – Technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- The report also contains a comprehensive industry analysis. It includes the global market size and growth forecast for mobile gaming.
- The detailed value chain comprises four layers. These four layers are creation, monetization, distribution, and device.
“5G will drive the next wave of innovation in mobile gaming. 5G networks allow games to be downloaded faster than current 4G networks and aid the development of mobile-based cloud gaming services and augmented reality. With the ability to support one million devices with a single square kilometer, 5G will drive more users towards mobile gaming, especially multiplayer titles. This, in turn, will boost the growth of mobile Esports,” Guha concludes.
WATCH THIS STORY: Most Controversial Twitch or YouTube Streamers
Highlights of the Mobile Gaming report
- Console and PC game publisher are increasing their focus on mobile gaming and its revenue opportunity.
- Activision Blizzard and EA are competing with companies like Tencent, Sea, and Perfect World.
- Even Social media companies are also moving into the world of mobile gaming.
- 5G is the next wave of innovation in Mobile Gaming.
- Most gamers will embrace mobile gaming in the next few years.
After the invention of smartphones, it was obvious that there would be an upgrade in the way we used our smartphones for communication or playing games. The rise of smartphones has been a major boost in the gaming industry.
As more people continue taking interest in mobile gaming, the mobile gaming market will increase accordingly.
What are your views on this? Do share in the comments down below.
READ MORE: RIDICULOUS: Ludwig Reportedly Lost a Brand Deal Because of a Photo with Amouranth
The post Currently at $98 Billion, Global Mobile Gaming Market Pegged to Reach $272 Billion By 2030 appeared first on EssentiallySports.