Chelsea boss Tuchel drawn on January swoop for summer target Jules Kounde

0
1

[ DOWNLOAD MP3 NOW ]

Chelsea boss Tuchel drawn on January swoop for summer target Jules Kounde

 

Advertisement

[ DOWNLOAD MP3 NOW ]

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has spoken out over the possibility of the club reigniting their pursuit of Sevilla star Jules Kounde upon the opening of the January window.

Sevilla star eyed

The summer transfer window of course saw French stopper Kounde hotly tipped for a move to west London.

Despite the embarrassment of riches at his disposal, Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel is understood to have identified Kounde, long highly regarded across the continent, as the missing piece from his Blues backline.

A lengthy saga, in turn, unfolded, as the respective boards at Chelsea and Sevilla went back and forth regarding the 22-year-old’s valuation.

Chelsea boss Tuchel drawn on January swoop for summer target Jules Kounde

Jules Kounde of Sevilla in action during the pre-season friendly match between Sevilla CF and UD Levante at Pinatar Arena on September 15, 2020 in Murcia, Spain. (Photo by Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

In the end, however, those in a position of power at the latter stood firm.

Monchi and co. are said to have demanded that Kounde’s release clause – worth a sum in the region of €75 – 80 million, be coughed up, or a sale would not be forthcoming.

And Chelsea, as a result, were left with little choice but to abandon their efforts to lure the Frenchman to the English capital.

‘The same need…’

The months since, however, have seen speculation continue to swirl that the Blues could yet reignite their pursuit upon the opening of the January transfer window.

This comes with Tuchel and co. evidently of the opinion that Kounde would represent a sound long-term replacement for the likes of aging duo Cesar Azpilicueta and Thiago Silva.

In turn, as outlined above, the Chelsea boss was this weekend drawn on the possibility of his side pressing forward with a fresh pursuit of Sevilla’s defensive standout following the turn of the year.

And Tuchel was keen to provide an in-depth insight into his stance on the situation, amid suggestions that the emergence of Trevoh Chalobah may have altered the club’s plans to seek out defensive reinforcements.

‘I think every transfer period you need to evaluate again,’ the German began.

You cannot say what we wanted in the summer, we do in the winter. And what we want to do in winter, we want to do the next summer. It is not like this.’

Chelsea boss Tuchel drawn on January swoop for summer target Jules Kounde

NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND – OCTOBER 30: Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel is seen during the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Chelsea at St. James Park on October 30, 2021 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England. (Photo by Ian MacNicol/Getty Images)

‘Your opinion changes, players change, you have evolvement in the group, you have an atmosphere that you build, you see who is absolutely reliable and these connections build up and create something special hopefully in the group.’

‘So you cannot say what we tried in the summer did not happen so we will try again for sure in the winter. Sometimes it is like this. If we see the same need, but clearly, Trevoh is now here with us and he deserves to be here with us. It had nothing to do with if we can sign another central defender or not. But he stepped up.’

‘The responsibility was even more on his shoulders and he can handle it so far in a very impressive way. This is the situation and it has an effect on our next decisions in the next transfer period. It is always like this.’

 

Thomas Tuchel & Sean Dyche speak out over touchline spat during Chelsea vs Burnley

Tottenham fans will love what former Chelsea defender Gary Cahill said about Antonio Conte

 

Advertisement

[ DOWNLOAD MP3 NOW ]

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here