Buhari Reacts To Attack On Ex-CBN Governor Soludo, Says Perpetrators Won’t Be Spared
Buhari reacts to attack on ex-CBN governor Soludo, says perpetrators won’t be spared
Nigeria News

Buhari reacts to attack on ex-CBN governor Soludo, says perpetrators won’t be spared

0
(0)

Buhari reacts to attack on ex-CBN governor Soludo, says perpetrators won’t be spared

President Muhammadu Buhari

Nigeria’s president Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the “cowardly terrorist attack” on former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Charles Soludo.

Recall that the former CBN boss, Soludo was attacked on Wednesday by gunmen at an interactive town hall meeting in Isuofia, Aguata LGA of Anambra state.

According to report, three police officers providing security for Soludo were killed in the attack while Emeka Ezenwanne, the Anambra commissioner for public utilities, was abducted.

Reacting to the development, the president said his administration will continue to empower security agencies to fight terrorism, banditry, and kidnapping.

“I strongly condemn the cowardly terrorist attack on an outstanding Nigerian, Professor Chukwuma Soludo,” Buhari was quoted as saying in a statement by Garba Shehu, presidential spokesperson.

“Our prayers are with him and the families of the security operatives who lost their lives trying to defend innocent citizens assembled for a peaceful meeting.

“We will continue to empower the police and the armed forces in their brave struggle against terrorism, banditry, and kidnapping.”

The post Buhari reacts to attack on ex-CBN governor Soludo, says perpetrators won’t be spared appeared first on NEWS.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Comments (0)

Leave a Reply