Attackers of Ortom’s convoy have been arrested, says IGP
Nigeria News

Attackers of Ortom’s convoy have been arrested, says IGP

0
(0)

Attackers of Ortom’s convoy have been arrested, says IGP

Attackers of Ortom’s convoy have been arrested, says IGP

The acting inspector general of police, Usman Baba has disclosed that 10 suspects have been arrested over their alleged involvement in the attack on the convoy of governor of Benue state, Samuel Ortom.

Recall that some armed men on March 20 attacked the convoy of Ortom at Tyo Mu along Makurdi-Gboko road while the governor was on a visit to a farm.

The attack on Ortom sparked a series of reactions from Nigerians.

Benue state governor, Ortom had recounted that the gunmen, numbering about 15, trailed his convoy to the river bank where he was on foot with his security detail to inspect a farm and opened fire on them.

Commending his security detail for their efforts, Ortom added that troops of operation whirl stroke, the police, and operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) mobilised to the forest between Tyo Mu and Abinse where the attackers were thought to be camped.

Reacting to the development at a media briefing in Abuja on Thursday, Baba explained why there has been a delay in arraignment of the suspects.

He noted that the suspects are currently in detention and they could not be charged to court, owing to the ongoing strike by the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN).

“Those who organised and those who pulled the trigger have all been arrested and investigation is ongoing,” he said.

“We have had them for over a month, but the courts have been closed for over three months. Where do I take them to?”

The post Attackers of Ortom’s convoy have been arrested, says IGP appeared first on NEWS.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Comments (0)

Leave a Reply