Audiomack Promotion

Arthur Mafokate denies claims that he received more than R10m from NAC

0
(0)

Arthur Mafokate denies claims that he received more than R10m from NAC

Arthur Mafokate denies claims that he received more than R10m from NAC

Veteran kwaito artist and producer Arthur Mafokate has denied claims that he received more than R10m in funding from the National Arts Council (NAC).

This was after the National Arts Council (NAC) board said last week that it has instituted an investigation into discrepancies in the approval of PESP funding applications for artists.

Earlier this week, it was reported that companies directly and indirectly linked to Arthur had allegedly received funding from the NAC.

“He and his family received more than R10m from the NAC. But we know he did not do this alone,” a source told the paper.

The paper reported that songstress Chomee was also fingered in the debacle and allegedly received R2m.

In a statement issued on Friday, Arthur labelled the allegations “malicious and unfounded”.

Arthur said he heeded a call by the NAC for applications from individuals and companies/organisations to propose projects that would create employment within the creative sector.

“I wish to state categorically that I have no affiliations with the previous nor current board which is now place at the NAC.”

See tweet below:

 

The post Arthur Mafokate denies claims that he received more than R10m from NAC appeared first on .

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.


About Author
South Africa News
Get breaking South Africa news, south africa news today, latest south african news today, what is happening in south africa, latest news south africa, headlines today breaking news, daily news south africa, current situation in south africa

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.