Alleged notorious rapist, Willem Breytenbach returns to court
Willem Breytenbach who was exposed by an author was accused of sexually abusing and raping boys below the ages of 12.
He appeared in the Cape Town regional court on Tuesday.
His court case was postponed to allow further particulars of the dockets to be finalised and to give the defence lawyer, JC de Jager, time to consult Breytenbach.
He allegedly committed these offences from 1983 to 2019.
Breytenbach was exposed by author Deon Wiggett in a series of award-winning podcasts last year, produced for News24.
Wiggett exposed the former teacher and Media24 executive as a sexual offender.
He accused Breytenbach of raping him when he was a teenager in 1997.
He disclosed that his experiences pushed him to locate other fellow survivors of the alleged assaults and rapes, systematically investigating the accused- whom he nicknamed “Bullfrog”- alleged predatory track record.
Breytenbach is currently facing charges of six cases of sexual assault and one of indecent assault.
On Tuesday morning in court, when Breytenbach was asked about the charges against him, he said: “Sorry, but I cannot comment.”
Before the brief appearance, De Jager said: “We received the charge sheet last night but have not received the particulars of all the dockets. We are waiting for the particulars of one docket.”
The case was postponed to November 17.
The post Alleged notorious rapist, Willem Breytenbach returns to court appeared first on .