9 children, 10 others die in Madagascar after eating turtle

0
(0)

9 children, 10 others die in Madagascar after eating turtle

9 children, 10 others die in Madagascar after eating turtle

Nineteen people, nine of them children, have died from food poisoning in Madagascar after eating a turtle, sources said Thursday.

Thirty-four people were hospitalised on Monday in Vatomandry, in the east of the island, after eating the protected species, the Health and Food Safety Control Agency said.

Ten of them died, it said. Another nine people, all of them children, died at home after eating meat from the same turtle, region’s governor said.

Meanwhile, Health authorities have warned against eating turtles, as well two dozen species of fish, which feed on algae that can be toxic during the November-March hot season.

Dozens of food poisonings occur each year in coastal Madagascar and deaths are common.

Sixteen fatalities were recorded in two incidents in the 2017-18 hot season.

The post 9 children, 10 others die in Madagascar after eating turtle appeared first on NEWS.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.


About Author
Aminat Aigbe
Aminat Aigbe is the first lady of afronaija and a very good blogger ( Original Mrs AfroNaija )

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.