8 facts about the youngest active female doctor in SA, Dr Thakgalo Thibela (21)
21-year-old Dr Thakgalo Thibela is confirmed the youngest active female doctor in South Africa.
The spokesperson of the Health Practice Council of SA (HPCSA), Priscilla Sekhonyana confirmed the news on the IN Register.
- Thakgalo is from the village of Violent Bank near Bushbukridge in Mpumalanga.
- She started primary school at age 6, at Farel Primary School, and she topped from Grade 1-6.
- She skipped Grade 7 to Lehlasedi high school, where she got promoted to grade 10.
- She finished high school with 7 distinctions at the age of 15.
- Thibela was awarded a bursary from the industrial Development Corporation(DC).
- The Doctor got admitted to Wits University at age 16. She enrolled for a 6 year degree in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBCH).
- Her academic excellence earned her the Golden Key International membership; a recognition fort students performing well academically in Universities globally.
- Dr. Thakgalo is currently doing her practical experiential learning at Helen Joseph hospital in Auckland Park, Johannesburg.
The post 8 facts about the youngest active female doctor in SA, Dr Thakgalo Thibela (21) appeared first on .