7 incredible health benefits of eating Seaweed
Seaweed or sea vegetables are forms of algae that grow in the sea. They’re a food source for ocean life and range in color from red to green to brown to black.
Seaweed grows along rocky shorelines around the world, but it’s most commonly eaten in Asian countries such as Japan, Korea and China.
It’s extremely versatile and can be used in many dishes, including sushi rolls, soups and stews, salads, supplements and smoothies.
What’s more, seaweed is highly nutritious, so a little goes a long way.
Here are the 7 health benefits of seaweed:
1. Seaweed contains a wide range of vitamins and minerals, including iodine, iron, and calcium good source of omega-3 fats.
2. Seaweed contains a wide range of antioxidants, such as vitamins A, C and E, carotenoids and flavonoids. These antioxidants protect your body from cell damage.
3. Seaweed contains a concentrated source of iodine and an amino acid called tyrosine which is responsible for functioning thyroid gland properly.
4. Seaweed contains fiber and sugars, both of which can be used as food sources for the bacteria in once gut. This fiber can also increase the growth of “good” bacteria and nourish gut.
5. Seaweed may help to lose weight because it contains few calories, filling fiber and fucoxanthin, which contributes to an increased metabolism.
6. Seaweed may help reduce cholesterol, blood pressure and risk of blood clots.
7. Fucoxanthin, alginate and other compounds in seaweed may help reduce blood sugar levels, consequently reducing risk of diabetes.
The post 7 incredible health benefits of eating Seaweed appeared first on .