7 common mistakes people make while managing diabetes
Diabetes Mellitus, when life does not remain as sweeter as we were finding it earlier.
In fact, it is a disease indicating a lack of sweetness in life and now expressed biologically in the form of metabolic disorder manifesting an array of symptoms everywhere in the body.
While the condition can be certainly managed by making neccessary tweaks to one’s lifestyle, people also tend to mistake the ‘type’ of diabetes they are suffering from.
Once you mistake your type then you make mistakes on medications, diet, exercise and life-style to be followed.
Here, we talk about the most common seven mistakes diabetics often commit when it comes to managing their disease:
This is the particular way of activity to influence your body, mind and metabolism.
Here are the most common mistakes about it. Here are 7 Common exercise mistakes in diabetes management:
1. Mistaking activities with exercise: On advising exercise to such patients, they have an instant excuse that we walk a lot at home or take household work as exercise. No, it is not. The activities for which you are used to are not exercise as it cannot further influence your system. So, do it as per the advice. Moreover, exercise means strength, flexibility and stamina. All three need different exercises. For flexibility do Yoga, need to build muscles the do weights and resistance band exercises and for stamina do cardio-based exercises.
2. Getting over enthusiastic: Your excitement for exercising might lead you to too much too soon. Listen to your body and know when to back off from overworking your body. Muscle building is most important in the management of diabetes but muscles grow in millimeters so will take months to grow. And, muscles need rest to grow.
3. Choose your exercises: To start with, look into you and perceive which exercise regime you love to go for and start accordingly. It takes a lot of planning to execute a successful workout routine and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
4. Have rhythm: Our body has a biological clock, circadian rhythm, which ensures the time of all kinds of activities and sleeping. So, any time is not exercise time. You better do it at the right time for better results.
5. Have a coach: A common mistake people do while exercising is to not do it right. Not exercising in the right posture and form can damage your body.
6. Not resting: You may start your exercise routine to lose weight, but not giving your body rest is harmful. Resting well and enough is important for the muscles to heal itself after all the stress.
7. Have Body Composition Machine: They like weight machines but tell you about your BMI, BMR, visceral fat, body fat, muscles mass etc. apart from weight
Not keeping a check on sugar levels then how will you know exercise has good and bad effects; it may help you lose weight but fluctuate your sugar levels as well. It is important that you monitor sugar levels at 4 times, fasting, 2 hours after breakfast, lunch and dinner (F, PP1, PP2, PP3). How would you calculate two hours? You must note the time as soon as you start eating till two hours is time to check your PP sugar. It is advisable to invest in a glucometer which can help monitor your blood sugar levels. They come with their apps.
The benefit of connectivity via diabetes management app is that it can help you get instant check reminders, and alert members or your doctor when blood sugar levels drop. The price of glucometer may vary from brand to brand, weigh and compare before buying.
It will be as per your type of diabetes the treatment will be planned. Apart from main-stream medical regime, it is advisable to adopt Homoeopathic Treatment Protocol. It will help lower the other medicine and prevent complications due diabetes.
The post 7 common mistakes people make while managing diabetes appeared first on .