6 fascinating facts about wedding you probably didn’t know
Most of us if not all have attended a wedding or even got wedded but still most people still don’t know why certain things happen during wedding.
Check out 6 facts about weddings you probably didn’t know
1. Most ladies would wear their engagement and wedding rings on the fourth finger of the left hand but most ladies probably don’t know why they do this. The engagement and wedding rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was once thought that a vein in that finger led directly to the heart.
2. Towards the end of the fifteenth century, diamonds set in gold or silver became popular as betrothal rings among wealthy Venetians.
3. In the symbolic language of jewels, a sapphire in a wedding ring means marital happiness.
4. A pearl engagement ring is said to be bad luck because its shape echoes that of a tear.
5. Seventeen tons of gold are made into wedding rings each year in the United States alone.
6. One of history’s earliest engagement rings was given to Princess Mary, daughter of Henry VIII. She was two years old at the time.
The post 6 fascinating facts about wedding you probably didn’t know appeared first on .