5 ways to use apricot for skin and hair
From apricot cleansers to scrubs, from masks to oil and what not, the beauty industry has been emphasising on the benefits of this fruit for a long time now.
Enriched with the goodness of various nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, potassium, fiberlutein, beta carbonate and zeaxanthin.
It has antioxidant properties which helps to fight the free radicals which cause oxidative stress in your body.
Here are some ways in which you can include it in your beauty regime.
DIY ways to include Apricot in your skin care regime
1. Facial scrub
With natural exfoliating properties, apricot helps to remove dead skin cells, prevents pigmentation and gives you a natural glow. Here’s how you can prepare a natural DIY apricot scrub.
- 2 teaspoon apricot kernel powder
- 1 teaspoon rhassoul clay
- 3 teaspoon honey
- In a bowl take some apricot kernel powder, rhassoul clay and honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well and store it in an airtight container.
2. Makeup remover
A gentle and moisturising make up remover which will not just help you to get rid of your makeup but will nourish your skin as well.
- 1 tablespoon baby shampoo
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 5 drops of apricot oil
- 2 capsules of vitamin E oil
- ½ cup of water
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Transfer the mixture into an airtight glass bottle.
- Store this inside the refrigerator and use it within 2 weeks.
3. Face mask
A face mask that will help you to get an even toned complexion, reduce the appearance of scars and blemishes and will help to exfoliate the skin all at once.
- 2 ripe apricots
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of almond powder
- Blend the apricots using a mixer-blender.
- Transfer the blended apricots into a bowl and add honey and almond powder to it.
- Mix everything well.
- With the help of a brush, apply this mixture evenly on your face.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cold water.
DIY ways to include apricot in your hair care regime
4. Oil massage
A relaxing oil massage to stimulate hair growth and make your hair softer and shinier.
- 1 tablespoons of apricot oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat them till the mixture becomes lukewarm.
- Massage it on your scalp and apply over the length towards the ends.
- Keep on overnight and wash off next morning.
5. Nourishing cleanser
Try this DIY nourishing apricot cleanser which will not just cleanse but will also help to moisturise and condition your hair.
- Your regular Shampoo
- 5-7 drops of apricot oil
- Add Apricot oil to your shampoo.
- Mix it well.
- Shampoo as usual.
- Air dry your hair and use a soft microfibre towel.
The post 5 ways to use apricot for skin and hair appeared first on .